An industrial mezzanine is a heavy-duty industrial platform that is an ideal solution for creating more warehouse floor space. The industrial mezzanine’s structure creates a work station or storage area above and below it.
If you are considering an on-site visit with a storage & handling specialist regarding an industrial mezzanine, prep for your meeting with these 10 key questions.
Industrial Mezzanine Considerations
- What is the purpose of the mezzanine? (i.e. storage, office space, work station, restricted area)
- How high are your ceilings?
- How much clearance do you need, both above and below the structure?
- What building limits must you consider? (i.e. sprinkler lines, electrical fixtures)
- How much weight will be placed on the mezzanine?
- How will product get to the top of the mezzanine? (i.e. stairway, forklift)
- What are the local fire code requirements? (i.e. sprinkler systems, ceiling clearance)
- Can the structure meet federal law requirements? (i.e. stairway, handrail)
- Does your mezzanine require customization?
- Will you require installation of the mezzanine?
For more information about industrial mezzanine options or to schedule an on-site visit by our storage & handling specialist, contact ProLift! In addition to industrial mezzanines, our specialist can partner on warehouse planning for pallet racking, modular offices, conveyors, lift tables and more.Contact Storage & Handling Specialist